The use of Plasma Antennas’ smart SMB antennas significantly reduces both the CAPEX and OPEX of small cell networks by:
- Simplifying small cell installation by enabling automatic alignment of wireless backhaul connections. By contrast, fixed directional antennas need to be manually aligned by specialist engineers.
- Enabling backhaul network links to be automatically re-organized in response to changing conditions (e.g. changing traffic patterns, installation of new cells, new sources of interference and obstacles, etc.). Again this is not possible using fixed directional antennas.
- Supporting self-healing, allowing the backhaul network to recover automatically in the event of failure, increasing overall service availability and customer satisfaction.
- Reducing spectrum costs by mitigating the co-network interference that would result from onmi-directional antennas, enabling greater frequency re-use and reducing spectrum costs.
- Enabling high-capacity backhaul by providing enhanced directional gain and improved interference rejection compared to onmi-directional antennas.
Plasma Antennas partners with mobile equipment OEMs to produce strongly-differentiated solutions for backhaul connectivity of 4G small cells and WiFi offload. Typically, our SMB antennas are tightly integrated with the backhaul radio of an OEM partner. Plasma Antennas is able to customise its antenna technologies to meet the individual requirements of wireless communications OEMs.
Find out more about our exciting portfolio of selectable multi-beam antenna technologies.